Voilà! Here’s my suggested packing list for the Bali Elevate & Connect Yoga Retreat this October. Of course, certain items on the list will differ from person to person. I do recommend packing as light as reasonably possible, since we will be traveling to two different locations, and it makes travel that much easier. When traveling internationally, I typically take a medium-sized suitcase on wheels and a backpack. I’ll also pack a few reusable bags in case I need to pick up some items at a market or grocery store. 🙂
- Comfortable yoga clothes
- Sweat towel or bandana
- Hair ties
- Journal, pen
- Anything to make your practice special: Mala beads, crystal, etc.
- Optional: Your personal yoga mat, yoga towel, and props. (Mats and props will be provided at the retreat center.)
- Sarong or beach cover-up
- Bathing suit/swim trunks
- Slip-on shoes/sandals
- Shower shoes
- A pair of sneakers/hiking shoes; socks
- Tops & pants/skirts
- 1 dressy outfit
- Not recommended: valuable jewelry
- Snacks – things that won’t melt and that will travel well:
- Granola bars
- Protein packs
- Plus stay hydrated! You may choose to bring your own reusable water bottle.
- Sleep mask, Ear plugs, Earplanes for flights
- Soap & shampoo
- Hand sanitizer
- Toothbrush, dental floss, toothpaste, mouthwash
- Glasses, lens cleaner
- Quick-dry beach towel
- Razor/shaving cream
- Face & body lotion
Medications/Supplements (All are just suggestions and optional; you know your body best!):
- Your regular medications, in labeled containers. I recommend getting a signed doctor’s note confirming that you take these medications prior to travel.
- Epi-Pen if you have allergies
- Melatonin. Can help with jetlag and sleeping at night.
- Ginger to calm an upset stomach
- Lotions or essential oils that help you relax; Tiger Balm can help for sore muscles
- General first-aid kit with bandaids, tweezers, alcohol prep pads, gauze.
- Airborne tablets
- Triple antibiotic
- Aloe vera for soothing sunburn
- Dramamine/Scopolamine for nausea
- Kindle/books to read
- Unlocked cell phone. You can get a SIM card at various phone shops upon arrival in Bali.
- Charging cords for the tech you bring – phone, Kindle, Apple Watch, etc.
- Electrical outlet adaptors- https://www.bali.com/sockets-plugs-electricity-voltage.html
- Rechargeable external battery for your phone
- Recommended: Download Google Maps of the regions we’ll be visiting to your phone in advance.
- Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
- Currently, 1 USD = 13,687 IDR
- $100 USD in two fifties (recommended)
- Hidden passport holder at waist/chest; hidden cash pouch
- Compression socks for long flights
- Travel pillow
- Luggage lock
- Passport, drivers license, insurance cards, select credit cards (bring cards with no foriegn transaction fees if you have them), keys back home!
- Travel flashlight
- Reusable bags